I wanted to make a special big birthday cookie
So I melted some chocolate and had fun
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips
(It originally called for butterscotch chips, which he's made me, they are great!)
1. Cream together shortening, brown sugar and white sugar.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture.
4. Stir in one pack of chip. Spoon out onto baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375°F for 8-12 minutes.