So I got bored and was having baking withdrawals. Also wanted to test a recipe, this was the result.
Preheat oven to 350°
1 cup oats
1 cup pastry flour
1/2 tsp sea salt (Used Himalayan pink salt this time because I ran out of sea salt)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon ground flax
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey or agave
1 tsp vanilla extract (I just scraped a vanilla bean into the mix)
2-3 tbs water
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup raisins and/or chopped walnuts
1/2 cup carob chips (or dark chocolate chips)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Combine the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. In medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
3. In separate bowl combine the wet ingredients and add the flax mixture (or make your flax mixture in this bowl then add wet ingredients)
4. Add wet to dry and then add fold in carrots and other mix ins if you choose.
5. Scoop teaspoon size cookies on a baking tray and flatten then tops (if you choose). Bake for 10 minutes then remove and place on cooling rack
To make ganache:
1. Over a double boiler or in a pan on low heat combine carob (or chocolate) chips and coconut oil. Mix until melted together and let stand for a few minutes or until slightly cool.
2. Spoon over cookies then place them in the fridge to set up. Enjoy.
Cookies with ganache