I made this cake for my friend Mara's birthday, it turned out awesome!
1 1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla.
4. To that add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately then fold in the mashed banana.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan (I used a spring form) and bake in preheated oven for one hour
or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. (ensures the cake will be moist).
1 26oz jar of nutella
2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened.
1. In a large bowl mix the Nutella and butter with a hand mizer (or in a stand mixer) until light and fluffy.
If you think your frosting is too thick add some heavy whipping cream or vanilla extract,
if too thin then add some powdered sugar.
I made a lot of frosting because I cut the cake in half and put frosting in the middle. You could use the smaller jar of frosting and one stick of butter.
Chocolate heart (I just poured melted chocolate into a cookie cutter on parchment)