(Sorry for the terrible picture)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (See note below)
2 cups broth (Chicken, veggie, beef, ect)
1 cup uncooked rice
Chopped onion (Yellow or white), to taste
Chopped Garlic, to taste
Green onion, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
Hot sauce (Optional)
Preheat oven to 375°
1. Sauté onion, garlic, and green onion in oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan until onion is translucent.
Turn off heat.
2. Add can of condensed soup to the Sautéed mix.
3. In a separate sauce pan bring broth to a boil then simmer, add salt and pepper to taste.
(You could add any hot sauce here, or just while serving)
4. Slowly pour broth into soup and onions, stir together.
5. Pour uncooked rice in a 7x11 (Or 8x8) pan.
6. Pour the soup and broth mixture over the rice and stir. Cover pan with foil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, stir and return to oven for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before uncovering.
Don't like mushrooms? Need this to be vegan? Use any condensed soup you'd like or regular soup
and reduce the amount of broth used.
I served mine with cornbread (Bob's Red Mill) and it was a delicious dinner.