Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (Or chopped)
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup (or more/less, your discretion) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 large egg yolk
5 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 tablespoons flour
Cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice to taste (optional but I wanted a "pumpkin spice" taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9-inch or 8-inch square pan with foil.
2. Beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars and vanilla, beat for an additional few minutes
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. When slightly cooled add the butter/chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
5. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients.
6. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, pumpkin, the yolk, 5 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in the flour and spice.
7. Pour the brownie mixture into your prepared pan.
Distribute the cream cheese mixture in spoonfulls across the top of the brownie mixture, swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.
(Normally looks prettier than mine)
8. Bake for 40 minutes (Mine were done, I wouldn't bake it past 40).
Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
(I like my brownies fudgier so I cool on a rack for 30 minutes then transfer to the fridge)