Sorry to say I don't have a gingerbread recipe to post, I've made it from scratch plenty of times but I can't find the recipe I used this last Christmas.
Recently I was given a huge thing of pre-made gingerbread dough and wanted to do something with it, so this was the result.
4 ounces Cream Cheese (Room temp)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 teaspoons pumpkin powder or puree.
Cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg to taste
Prepare your dough and filling, refrigerate both until it's easy to work with (About 20- 30 minutes). Pre-heat oven to 350.
Method One: Whoopie-Pie pan
1. Press dough into bottom of the whoopie pan cavities.
2. Take a small amount of filling and place it in the center, flattening slightly.
3. Cover it another another piece of flattened dough
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top (optional)
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to sit for ten minutes before trying to remove from pan.
Method 2: Hand-Rolling
1. Take some dough and roll it into a ball then flatten in your hand (You might have to flour your hands to keep it form sticking).
2. Take a small amount of filling and place it in the center, wrap dough around it.
3. Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture (optional)
4. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 7-10 minutes.
5. Allow to sit on the pan for a few minutes before trying to transfer to a cooling rack.