Recently I've been wanting to fix a problem I have with pumpkin cookies, they come out too cake like. I decided to order some pumpkin powder from Barry Farm. This was my first test with it but I have other ideas.
1/2 cup butter (Room temp)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin powder
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Cinnamon, nutmeg and clove to taste
To roll your cookies in/sprinkle on top:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin powder
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl sift the pumpkin powder, flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and spices.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Let dough chill for 30 minutes to one hour.
5. Preheat your oven to 300° and line a baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
7. Roll dough into small balls and toss in sugar mixture. Press lightly onto baking sheet.
8. Bake 12-14 minutes then allow to cool (They won't seem done in the middle but they need time to set up, if you bake them too long they will get hard).
So how did they turn out flavor wise? Honestly I feel the pumpkin is lost. I will add more next time.