Thanks to Derek and Matt on Twitter I've been deemed the cookie demon. I like it. After all the secret ingredient is evil (Evil being chocolate) and with the latest cookies, well, they're plenty evil.
I have two friends birthday treats I'm sending out today, this is what I'm sending:
(Recipes to follow)
I hope they ship well.
I also was feeling rather crafty and made cards, they are all different but this is the one I remembered to get a pic of:
(I took apart a Yogi Tea box to make this)
Well that's all for now.
Also Happy Birthday Ricyn!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups bread flour (I used all-purpose)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used a Lindt Excellence 50% Cocoa Bar cut into chunks)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
**Note: Because I used all-purpose flour these didn't take 14 minutes, they took more like 7-8. I turned them after 5 minutes. Watch them closely. They burn fast. The edges will get a dark brown and the middle stayed pale but they are perfect on the inside**
Chocolate Dipped PB cookies:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar (I reduce to 1/2)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I reduce to 2 cups)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda1 bag chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
A few drops of vegetable oil for sheen (literally a few drops)
1.Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. When cookies are cooled completly melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in a double boiler. Dip the cookies in and place on a cookie sheet.
5. Place cookies on sheet in the refrigerator for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set up.
**Note: When I first made these I found the batter really dry and overly sweet so I reduced the white sugar and the flour. If you like a harder/sweeter cookie then leave it as is**