Saturday, March 19, 2011

The start of Birthday week.

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. I call it "the start of birthday week" because my birthday is exactly a week from hers (and my best friend's is two weeks after, but that's another post..). We leave the lame little decorations up all week, ect.

Today I will be going to get my mom a real gift for her (I made her a card and her treat). My brother (amazingly enough) stopped by the store after the gym and got her a gift and a card (She loves Lindt Lindor Truffles and Sourpatch Kids so that's what he got lol)

Well, onto the treats. I asked my mom if she wanted cookies or cake on her birthday...she sorta chose both:

Pumpkin Spice Whoopies
w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

Originally I used the cake-like pumpkin cookie recipe I already had, but they weren't doing what I wanted. So I decided to try and find an actual whoopie recipe. It worked out awesome.

Pumpkin "cookie" Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can pumpkin puree (15-oz)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour

 Directions:
1. Beat all ingredients (except flour) with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until well mixed.
2. Mix the flour in one cup at a time, until combined.
3. Use a 2-ounce scoop to drop the dough on to an un-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
(Mine were great after 10 minutes but the full 12 won't hurt them)
4. Cool completly on wire rack. 


To make the cream cheese frosting is the same as I posted before,  go here.


Once the cookies are cooled sandwich them together with the frosting. Enjoy. 


4 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love that you share the recipe and instructions. Bet your mom loved these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did love them lol. And thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday week. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. And she seemed to like her treat. More baking goodness up later this week ^_^

    ReplyDelete