Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wins and losses

I got bored and tested a recipe: Nutella Cookies
I couldn't remember if I've ever had nutella before, I don't think I have. But it tastes just like duvalin candy creams. Yum!

Well onto the win:
They turned out awesome, though next time i'm adding a bit more salt when what I did. (I always just eye it).

Ingredients:

2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour (2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled until warm
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract




Directions: 
Heat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.

With electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in Nutella, egg, yolk and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined.

Drop cookies onto baking sheet using a scoop (press down slightly)

Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden, yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes (Check after 12 minutes). Cool cookies on sheets. Store in an airtight container.

**Note: My cookies only took 11 minutes**

As for the losses:
My electric hand mixer is now broken. It survived a good 15 years. Onto hand mixing *sigh* Rest in peace...


No comments:

Post a Comment